Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Answers to self-check?

sooyoung_ryusooyoung_ryu Member Posts: 2
I am working on the course and I had to take the self-check like hundreds times just to know the answer and it is frustrating me so much
Is there any way to know the answers to the questions?

Answers

• Options
    john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,900 PRO
    edited March 2020
    You are meant to follow along and model the part during the course.
    Then they ask you to measure your part to get the answer to the question.

If you modeled it correctly, then the value (such as mass) will be identical, thus verifying you indeed modeled the part correctly.
  • Options
    bruce_williamsbruce_williams Member, Developers Posts: 842 PRO
     I feel your pain.  Sometimes I do not get a matching answer.   Usually can find a mistake I did.  As alternate to getting too frustrated - Most of the exercises include a link to a public example document and you can measure that.  Search public documents for the name of exercise owned by Onshape.  
    www.accuratepattern.com
  • Options
    KatieHuffmanKatieHuffman Member, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 194
    @sooyoung_ryu we do include the correct answer for the self-check exercises when you get the results of the quiz in the text. There are also links there to a public completed example.

You might be referring to the quizzes in the basic classes at the end of the course. You are right, we don't provide the answers to those quizzes, but we also don't block the progression of completing the class based on your score either. If there is a particular question you unsure about or find a question confusing, this is a good place to ask the community for help!