Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Selecting Multiple References?

timothy_jumptimothy_jump Member Posts: 22
I have two lines highlighted/selected. To set multiple references I've currently only found it takes multiple steps to do this (select lines/select parallel in one step, then re-select the lines/select equal in the next step).Is there a way to set parallel and equal (and even more references) in one step? 

Comments

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,367
    No
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,897 PRO
    I do miss this feature of SolidWorks.
    It would be nice to have the selection sustained after adding constraints.

I know that will conflict when you select the tool first, so perhaps the behavior would be different  for each method.
    Select tool, select two objects, (constraint added, selection cleared), select two objects, (constraint added, selection cleared) etc.
    and
    Select two two objects, select tool (constraint added), select tool (constraint added), spacebar (deselect)
  • Options
    shawnrwshawnrw Member Posts: 43 PRO
    Any plans to allow this functionality? We import large DWG sketch files, convert the lines, and adjust as needed. Deleting the many references one by one makes me miss a more mature cad platform.