Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

create sequence of images (for my 3D model) shifting a few degrees for web rotate 3d

baruch_shlomobaruch_shlomo Member Posts: 4
I work with "web rotate 360" software and I want to create a sequence of images (for my 3D model) shifting a few degrees, one by one, to send them later, to "web rotate 360" software.

Does onshape have a special module for this (I think the solid works program has a special module).
And if not, how do I do it in the simplest way?

Thank you
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    romeograhamromeograham Member, csevp Posts: 657 PRO
    edited May 2020
    Onshape doesn't have a setting to control the amount of view rotation.
    Here's a method that might work for your situation - it's not automated, but will give you great control over your views:

Basically, you can use Mate Connectors to create all of your view locations. They can be set at the correct angle to define your "camera" positions, then make your view "normal to" the Mate Connector. You can then use the Circular Pattern tool to make a patters of MCs around your model (see below). Then select each MC, go "normal to" (n on the keyboard) and export your image.

You will have to hide the mate connectors each time you rotate (unless you can put them outside of your frame). You can hide them by hiding the Circular Pattern feature in the Feature List, rather than hiding each one!.

Don't forget that the Print (from the hamburger menu) > download image makes a great image with a transparent background. 

You might find that your "Capture Last Region" feature of your screen capture software can do a good job; if you select a region that shows only your model (and not the MCs) you might be able to get away from having to hide/show the mate connectors for each capture....and use keyboard shortcuts to speed up the process.

Good luck!

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,396
    An alternative would be to do a turntable animation and record it as video and export each frame as a sequence of images. 
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,898 PRO
    +1 @romeograham

That is a quick way to get all the exact angles you would want.