Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Is Onshape a good solutions for Architecture ?

mariah_zuzuvechamariah_zuzuvecha Member Posts: 1
I.m architect and i would like to know for example for calculate air flow.
thanks in advance

Comments

• Options
    3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    Onshape doesn't have any specific tools for calculating air flow or other architectural things.

I'm in the middle of modeling storage and I think it will be better for construction guys than any sheet from archicad.
    //rami
  • Options
    mlaflecheCADmlaflecheCAD Member, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 179
    Onshape can model structures that would then be used to simulate air flow through a partner app like  xFlow or SimScale https://www.onshape.com/partners/technology.  I was surprised that with very little effort I was able to whip up this building.  

Regards,
    Mike LaFleche   @mlaflecheCAD
  • Options
    billy2billy2 Member, OS Professional, Mentor, Developers, User Group Leader Posts: 2,014 PRO
    edited August 2015
    Yes, Onshape builds architectual geometry easily. It's parametric meaning you can make changes to the building easily.

Onshape doesn't have any CFD (air flow solvers), but you can export the geometry to a CFD solver.