Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Improvements to Onshape - October 27th, 2020

2»

Comments

• Options
    john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,898 PRO
    Agreed, I NEVER want view simplification on. 

If I don't want something shown I make display states or configurations. Many times I have small parts that are the size of washers that need to been shown. 

Please make this option configurable on the user or company level or something.
  • Options
    alnisalnis Member, Developers Posts: 449 EDU
    I agree with @LKRENZLER - I definitely miss Inventor's impressive responsiveness with big models, especially in drawings. Onshape is still faster (and a lot more stable!) when it comes to getting work done overall, but there are some little things like that which make it a bit less enjoyable to use at times.
    Student at University of Washington | Get in touch: contact@alnis.dev | My personal site: https://alnis.dev
  • Options
    LKRENZLERLKRENZLER Member Posts: 30 ✭✭
    One thing I have noticed is that when waiting for drawings to update, there is no local CPU or GPU activity which seems to indicate that all the processing is done on the cloud somewhere.  This really needs to be local.  We have Solidworks and Inventor to test here and drawings that take 20-30 seconds to update on Onshape are almost instantaneous on the other two mentioned.  It can be done and should be.  Onshape is almost unusable on large assemblies. 
  • Options
    MBartlett21MBartlett21 Member, OS Professional, Developers Posts: 2,034 EDU
    edited December 2020
    I don't think adding named attributes without types was a good idea, as there can be collisions between unrelated features.

For example, if my feature sets an attribute called "someAttribute" with a length value, then another feature also sets an attribute called "someAttribute", but with an angle, that would then break my feature that expects the attribute to have a length value.

Apart from that, the OBJ export seems useful, and the 'where used' as well.
    mb - draftsman - also FS author: View FeatureScripts
    IR for AS/NZS 1100
  • Options
    S1monS1mon Member Posts: 2,361 PRO
    The setup walkthrough is nice. It would be even better if Enterprise customers could set the defaults for the units and view controls for new users.
  • Options
    MBartlett21MBartlett21 Member, OS Professional, Developers Posts: 2,034 EDU
    3 weeks...
    mb - draftsman - also FS author: View FeatureScripts
    IR for AS/NZS 1100
  • Options
    emagdalenaC2iemagdalenaC2i Member, Developers, Channel partner Posts: 859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny Animated Alarm Clock Gifs
    Un saludo,

Eduardo Magdalena                         C2i Change 2 improve                         ☑ ¿Por qué no organizamos una reunión online?  
                                                                         Partner de PTC - Onshape                                     Averigua a quién conocemos en común
  • Options
    john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,898 PRO
    omfg... someone needs to slow down the clock... months have been passing like weeks lately...
    Can't wait till these projects are done  :s