Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Timing Out

_Ðave__Ðave_ Member, Developers Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭
 The constant timing out was a slightly more than minor annoyance until I attempted to download a fairly large step file assembly. During the download it timed out and upon refreshing the download didn't continue. To say the least the slightly more than minor annoyance is becoming considerably more than minor. I hate to burden you guys with trivial issues as this originally appeared to be but could you look into decreasing the rather frequent timing out.

Yes, I do have a relatively slow connection.

Thanks
Dave

Comments

• Options
    3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    @lougallo @jakeramsley

Is it possible to add a trigger not to timeout while downloading / translating stuff.
    //rami
  • Options
    john_rousseaujohn_rousseau Member, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 360
    Hi Dave. When did you download the step assembly? I'm not finding it in our sever logs. We should have a very long timeout on the server side if bytes are flowing at all. Your browser may be timing out instead. Can you try the download again and record when you started it?

Please open a ticket on this and we will work through this.

Thanks
    -John
    John Rousseau / VP, Technical Operations / Onshape Inc.
  • Options
    @john_rousseau 12:08AM is when I wrote the post and the issue happened about 15 min prior to writing the post.

I'll attempt a download right now at 8:25PM
  • Options
    @john_rousseau It now 9:03PM and 93,000kb step file completed downloading successfully.
  • Options
    john_rousseaujohn_rousseau Member, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 360
    @da_vicki: Please open a ticket if/when you see the timeout again and we'll take a look.
    John Rousseau / VP, Technical Operations / Onshape Inc.
  • Options
    @john_rousseau

Will do, Thanks