Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Are there any projects for teachers to give to students like at Cuda Country Tutorials?

Do you know of any projects for teachers to give to high school students like at Cuda Country SWX Tutorials.http://www.cudacountry.net/html/solidworks_toc.htmlimagepngThey have tons of step-by-step tutorials for learning SWX by doing projects students are interested in, including assemblies, exploded assemblies. motion studies, wind tunnel simulations, other simulations, renderings, CAD/CAM, etc. Thanks,

Comments

• Ste_WilsonSte_Wilson Member Posts: 199 EDU
    edited January 2021
    Not a resource I'm familiar with so I can't answer your question... But I will go and check it out!
    If it doesn't exist perhaps we need to make it! :smiley:
    edited January 2021
    Hmm...Solidworks sure is more faffy than I remember...or maybe that's just the tutorials...though I may be missing some of the finer points of the tutorial.  Thinking about it might be as quick to just sketch 1/4, mirror sketch, extrude and mirror geometry.  All the slats could be done in one/ two sketches.
    Had a go at the bridge, It's a different workflow in onshape I think.
    Anyway, it's here for anyone to have a look at/ improve.  I guess the next step would be exporting to simscale to do the analysis in the tutorial.
    https://cad.onshape.com/documents/1af63f59bde00fd80e79926e/w/819fff861f05f60c1e196270/e/02838d481e62f46eaf24f2ed
  • bruce_williamsbruce_williams Member, Developers Posts: 842 PRO
    thanks for sharing the perfect word for SW.  First time I have seen it.

faffyin British English

(ˈfæfɪ)
    ADJECTIVE
    British informal
    awkward and time-consuming to do or use

www.accuratepattern.com
    @Ste_Wilson

you will need to make the document public so we may copy it - I am not familiar with how Enterprise handles that.
    www.accuratepattern.com
    Transfered ownership to my cad.onshape and updated the link above.  Hopefully that makes it copyable!  From tutorail http://www.cudacountry.net/html/sw_bridge.html

still not public

does this help?  'Forum Post Checklist'
    www.accuratepattern.com
  • john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,890 PRO
    edited January 2021
    Love the 1998 style webpage by the way...  :D
    Got to keep netscape navigator compatibility you know :)
    It is now public!
    @bruce_williams was it usfull in anyway? 
    @Ste_Wilson
    the model was available now and it was helpful to see how difficult the tutorial in 'Cuda Country' for Solidworks is. All the screenshots of where to save files, etc. is painful.  I am in manufacturing and just find the Onshape Learning Center the way to go. 
    www.accuratepattern.com
  • John_GrangerJohn_Granger Member Posts: 7 EDU
    Hi, a great resource for basic onshape projects is cadvideotutor.com All of the projects have full instructions, dimensioned drawings and step by step video with assembly and animation instructions and free and no ads on the video.  Students can do them independently and get up to speed on using onshape very quickly.  Check it out at 
    https://cadvideotutor.com