Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Public docs not opening in cad.onshape rather than enterprise

I'm a teacher and my co-teachers and I have an enterprise edition. We have our students do a few of the self paced courses from learn.onshape.com. Many involve opening a public document. What we have discovered is that for some students when they open a public document it opens the document in a new cad.onshape.com account rather than our school's enterprise account. 

We have always had "Allow access to public documents" enabled for all users. Is there a way for us to have onshape open public documents in the self paced courses in the enterprise account rather than automatically creating a cad.onshape.com account? Or conversely have access go Google Single Sign On (sso) when attempting to access the public docs through the self paced courses?

I know we can transfer documents but we have had spotty success with that in the past, additionally its a pain to have to do that for every single student.

Comments

• Domenico_DDomenico_D Member, Onshape Employees Posts: 59 PRO
    @ellen_owens
    For issues like this that involve accounts and where documents are opening, contacting Onshape support is likely the best!

You can create a ticket by clicking on Help icon  at the top right when you are signed in and then selecting "Contact Support."

You can also use the Onshape Contact Us form: https://www.onshape.com/en/contact 
  • john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,890 PRO
    Are they logged into the enterprise account at the time of creation? 

If they click thier name in the top right corner does it say 'switch to...' right above log out? 
  • ellen_owensellen_owens Member Posts: 3 EDU
    @john_mcclary Yes they are logged into the enterprise account then when opening one of the public documents in a self paced course it prompts to login again, they then login and it opens the file in cad.onshape.
  • Onshape_AnonymousOnshape_Anonymous Member Posts: 3
    There seems to be some weird stuff going on.

1) Why am I now @Onshape_Anonymous? I'am actually @florian!

2) I tried to use a custom feature on <company>.onshape.com today but I could not even sign into cad.onshape.com anymore with my current credentials (I got stuck at 2FA). When I used a separate browser I could still sign in. How can I get public features to enterprise?

These are two relatively related problems,
  • billy2billy2 Member, OS Professional, Mentor, Developers, User Group Leader Posts: 2,014 PRO
    In the beginning you couldn't access public documents with an enterprise account. Then they added it. I can't say that I've done it. I'd contact support and ask them.

In the past, we had to move the public document through the cad.onshape instance and then move it into the enterprise. This wasn't easy or convenient.

If they tell you how, please let us know.