Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Linear Pattern - TEXT

lauren_bairdlauren_baird Member Posts: 3 EDU
Hello! I am trying to make a lot of keychains for a school project. I would like to use the linear pattern tool to lay everything out so maximize my material and so I can laser cut many a time. My keychain contains text and a design in the middle, and a circle around the design and a circle at the top for the key ring to go through. When I use the linear pattern tool, it only creates a pattern for the circles and it completely ignores the text, even though it is orange. Pleeeeease help! 

Comments

• NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 3,938
    Is this a sketch pattern? You should really be making 1 solid part and then use assemblies for creating patterns. 
    Director, Technical Services, EMEAI