Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

"Error regenerating" keeps showing when I try to make a projected curve

vikram_koli595vikram_koli595 Member Posts: 31 EDU
edited April 2021 in Community Support

I am trying to make a projected curve between these two lines that are on diff. planes, but the projected curve feature tells me that there is an error.
I will include the link for the document
Help would be appreciated!

Best Answers

• bruce_williamsbruce_williams Member, Developers Posts: 842 PRO
    edited April 2021 Answer ✓
    @vikram_koli595

Thanks for sharing link.  Your curve from Sketch 3 dips below the level and causes a break in the new curve. Help on  Projected Curve says 'Note that the projections from one sketch must intersect the other in one contiguous curve for this operation to succeed.'

I am not sure what you want to do; here is document copy  that I fixed the point and moved the Spline handle to be above horizontal and thus avoid the break.  Alternatively you could redesign the curves some how but I suspect that is not necessary for your design.

Here is the corrected doc.

edited: I thought is was a self intersecting curve; instead I think it is not contiguous because of the dip.
    www.accuratepattern.com
  • bruce_williamsbruce_williams Member, Developers Posts: 842 PRO
    Answer ✓

www.accuratepattern.com

Answers