Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
- Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
- Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
- Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
- Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.
Texture (New Custom Feature!)
With Texture, you can create solid body textures by clicking a surface or face.
Use pre-loaded textures, or use your own custom texture, (See the tutorial gifs below).
This feature is a derivation of Surface Pattern by @maximilian_schommer (Onshape), Thanks Max!
Not familiar with custom features? How to add a custom feature to your toolbar
If you have any texture ideas you would like me to add to the standard library selection, feel free to comment below.
Let me know what you think! All feedback is appreciated.
How to create a custom texture:
- Create a new part studio
- Add configurable variables x, y, and z
- Place the very center bottom of your part on the Top plane origin
- Constrain the x, y, and z of your part with the configurable variables x, y, and z.
Adding custom parameters:
- Inside your texture studio, create a configurable variable with any valid name that you like
- When you go to use your custom texture, click the "Add configuration" button
- Check the "Custom parameter" check box
- Type the ID of your custom parameter exactly
Learn more about the Gospel of Christ ( Here )
CADSharp - We make custom features and integrated Onshape apps! cadsharp.com/featurescripts 💎