Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Planar mate and its use?

peter_hallpeter_hall Member Posts: 196 ✭✭✭
More a design intent question really. When would people use planar mates. They seem to join two parts into a positional relationship where you can still move the parts positions but then bring them back using the reset command. Also apparently you can limit the amouns of movement in the x,y planes and the amount of rotation. I vieved the help on planar mates , but currently I am lost for situations where this could be useful. Can someone explain good design cases where planar mate would be a preffered mate. Thanks.

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    I use planar mate for placing furniture on floor where I can drag and turn them to find the most appealing setup. Also when adding stuff on the table or shelf.
    //rami