Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Feature Script for stairs?

bryan_lagrangebryan_lagrange Member, User Group Leader Posts: 793 ✭✭✭✭✭
I was checking to see if there was a feature script out there that would help in the designing of stairs with landings and rails and follows OSHA standards? 

Thank you for your replies and help in advance.
Bryan Lagrange
Twitter: @BryanLAGdesign

Comments

• Options
    david_lang457david_lang457 Member Posts: 71 ✭✭
    I'd like to second this. Even without trying to have such a thing enforce standards, modeling a bunch of steps and extruding each step to the right height is a real pain (and then when the total changes and you need to adjust each step's rise...)

what I did was to use the linear pattern to make the steps, manually made the landings, and then extruded each one (thick enough to overlap so the result could be one object). This seems like it's really crying out for a custom featurescript

Is there any sort of marketplace where we can offer to reward people who produce such featurescripts?

Is there any way to group featurescripts that are especially useful for a particular purpose (i.e. architectural related things)

When you find a featurescript, is there any easy way to find a link to the discussion about it?
  • Options
    AustinPackardAustinPackard Member Posts: 7 PRO
    Thank you, @john_mcclary! I was also running into issues making a spiral staircase using a curve pattern off of a helix. The solution you detailed is a very clever way to quickly make and adjust this kind of feature.