Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Documents not sharable after premium trial ends?

Looked all over for information on this, but came up dry. When I signed up I did so with the intention of just using a free account, but I was given 30 day trial access to premium features. During that time I made several projects. After the trial ended though, I discovered that I didn't have access to my projects anymore. I'm still listed as the owner of them, but I can't make them public so that I can continue working on them within the bounds of the free account.

Is there any way around this? I'd very much like to be able to just make my projects public so I can keep access to the geometry tree. I know that I could just export as a STEP file and then import into a new project, but I'd lose editability of the parts.

Comments

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,396
    From the Documents page you should be able to right-click a Document and "Make public"?
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    watzonwatzon Member Posts: 4
    I can click "Make public", but I get a permissions error. "You do not have permission to share this document."

The document is created by me, so I'd think I would have permissions.

• Options
    lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    @watzon I will reach out via a ticket.
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.