Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Standard content - longer bolts (Easy fix?)

JoshBarnettJoshBarnett Member Posts: 15 PRO
edited January 2022 in Product Feedback
Hi all

Guessing this is defined in the standard... but the length of bolts/screws seem generally limited to 10x the diameter... this is pretty annoying as quite often need an M5 x 85 or an M12 x 250 etc.

Temporary solution? - Add more lines in the length dropdown menu to accomodate for 30x the diameter (maybe with an asterisk at >10x diameter to indicate oversize) 

Better solution? - User generated standard content option (unbound by standard)

Thanks
Josh

Machine Designer | AXIS7

Comments

• Options
    lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    @JoshBarnett Today they are standard.  For longer bolts and larger hardware we will be adding ways for you to modify them or make a standard copy and them tweak it.  Customizing standards is a request in here.
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • Options
    brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    Lou, I use a lot of long bolts and find it frustrating I can get these from the std content. It'd be great to have a way to make my own company's std content for these slightly special locally std parts. 
    Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977