Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Onshape not opening documents

david_mayhewdavid_mayhew Member Posts: 2
I've just signed up this evening and don't seem to be able to open either public documents or a new document that I have tried to create.  I keep getting the following message:

onshape not connected. Your document is saved. You can refresh the browser to continue working on this document or return to document page.

Nothing seems to work.  This is using Safari on my Macbook.

I am able to open public documents on my iPad

Best Answers

Answers

• Options
    andrew_troupandrew_troup Member, Mentor Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try holding "Shift" key down while invoking a "Refresh" or "Reload" of the browser tab
  • Options
    3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    I would suggest to have firefox or chrome for using Onshape.
    //rami
  • Options
    lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    Safari 6 you will need to enable webgl. That sounds more like a websocket issue. Same connection on the browser and the iPad?  
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • Options
    bill_seremetisbill_seremetis Member Posts: 1
    I am having the same issue and I am using a HP laptop and Google Chrome 

I have tried to "Refresh browser" but the same thing comes up 

Any ideas??
  • Options
    magret_doseymagret_dosey Member Posts: 4
    I have the same issue with Safari, but when I switched to Firefox, the problem is gone. Suggest you have a try too
  • Options
    david_mayhewdavid_mayhew Member Posts: 2
    All sorted now.  I just waited until we got a new iMac and it has been fine since.  Our older Macbook must just have been struggling.