Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

1 error - 1 update - 1 question re:03. Working with Assemblies

Some of my students found a spelling mistake in the following location.
Self-Paced Courses
- CAD Basics
--Introduction to Assembly Design
---03. Working with Assemblies
----Exercise: Assembly
-----Slide 10
------Anti-align to Z ....spelling mistake?...Anit is used instead of Anti.

I have been having troubles getting the same end results of this same activity. I am on my 4th attempt at trying to generate the same self check numbers.  My latest attempt end up with the same z but opposite numbers for x and y.(meaning the same digits but negative when it should be positive and positive when it should be negative.) When I check the document that is provided to see how you do it, it doesn't show the replicate being used but separate instances of the UJ Axel Subassembly.  Could this be why?

I have also noticed that the dark blue part of the axel assembly is interfering with the yellow/gold part of the Universal Joint Flange.  In the Part Studio for the UJ Axel subassembly it show the dark blue piece "mated/constructed" at a different point than asked for in the exercise.  However your example has the same "flaw".

So, does your "answer" need to be updated to reflect Replicate being used and will that change the numbers?  I don't expect it to change the x and y values....but we are talking 0.0000010418 in :-)

Answers

• KatieHuffmanKatieHuffman Member, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 194
    Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I just ran through it myself and I think there are a couple things are at play here with this exercise that can be improved- I will create a bug it and get it updated.

• KatieHuffmanKatieHuffman Member, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 194
    edited December 2021
    This exercise has been updated in a few ways:
    • I removed the interference and updated the answer to reflect the geometry change!
    • I have made the slide directions and images on step 6 and 14 more clear as to how to orient the Mate connectors to match the answer.
    • Fixed the spelling mistake on Step 10
    You may have to re-copy the start document to see the changes. Again- thanks for letting us know!