Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
- Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
- Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
- Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
- Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.
Insert a partial BoM Table in a Drawing (visible elements only, or chosen/hand-picked elements only)
I am making several drawings of a moderately complex assembly (smth like about a hundred part numbers), each drawing showing a specific section of the assembly (I've created Named Views (to get desired orientation) and Display States (to have only a subset of the parts visible on screen) for this).
I'd like to include a BoM Table on these drawings, but I obviously do not want the full BoM table, with all the hundred elements. Ideally I'd like to have only the visible parts. The idea is to then use Callouts to designate them.
Is there a way to either :
- do this automatically (like insert BoM of visible items only),
- or insert an empty BoM / table and only chose (by clicking or selecting) the parts I want to include in the BoM ?
Otherwise, IMO "Insert BoM" is strongly limited for any non-trivial assembly, as the table quickly becomes much bigger than the sheet.
Thanks in advance for your time and answers