Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Render Studio - First Impressions

Nath_McCNath_McC Member Posts: 114 PRO
edited February 2022 in General
I would like to create a thread of people's first impressions. I have been messing around with the beta version and I'm very impressed.

Adding the assembly is straightforward enough. Overall when assigning textures it seems a little bulky as it is updating in real-time and I can imagine it being quite slow if you a have high part count assembly. There are a lot of textures which is great. I believe that my quick mockup looks very much like the real item on my desk. Great work to all involved.

Comments

• Options
    mj_powersmj_powers Member Posts: 18 PRO
    My first impression is the interface is easy to navigate and there are quite a few standard materials.  That being said, there are a few things that i'm accustomed to with Keyshot workflow that I did not find. I may have overlooked it.  1. save materials  2. copy and paste materials 3. create custom materials 4. create/add labels  5.manipulate surface textures.  6. PMS color picker.  I work on a lot of projects that require custom textures and would not be able to use the render engine as is currently offered.
  • Options
    shawnrwshawnrw Member Posts: 43 PRO
    Looks really good! Btw, does anybody know how to rotate an assembly so it is orientated to the ground correctly?
  • Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,377
    Hold down Option/ALT while rotating (just like in Onshape) 
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    mark_quadlingmark_quadling Member Posts: 2 PRO
    I've never done any rendering before, and was surprised at how easy it was to use.