Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
- Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
- Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
- Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
- Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.
How to handle multiple materials on one part
In the plastics sector, it happens that a part consists of several materials:
- Hard component with molded soft component (different geometry areas)
- Base polymer and masterbatch (material compound)
How do you manage these scenarios in Onshape? Hard component and soft component could be managed as separate parts. However, these would then have to have a common part number and not be considered separately. When it comes to material compounds, I currently have no idea.
The materials used are relevant for compliance and must be traceable.
I am grateful for suggestions!