Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Black Screen when Window Maximized

jstwinklesjstwinkles Member Posts: 5
edited March 2022 in Community Support
Hi all,

I'm using Firefox 97.0.2 on Windows 10 with the latest Nvidia drivers (511.79). 

Whenever my browser window is maximized (not fullscreen), the workspace background is solid black.  If I change the window size to anything less than maximized, it renders just fine.  This only happens on Windows 10 and not Linux.  Has anyone seen this issue before?  I ran the system check, and it came back fine except the GL version isn't reported for some reason.  Screenshots below.

Thanks in advance!

System check

Window maximized

Window not maximized

Answers

• Options
    aden_jonesaden_jones Member Posts: 7 PRO
    Try using a chrome based browser with no add ons. If that does not work look in you NVIDEA control panel for full screen options for the app, could be a number of things especially if you have a gsync monitor
  • Options
    Try using a chrome based browser with no add ons. If that does not work look in you NVIDEA control panel for full screen options for the app, could be a number of things especially if you have a gsync monitor

Thanks, but using a chrome-based browser isn't an option.  Besides, I don't think it's a browser issue since it works on Linux but not Windows using Firefox on both.  I don't have a G-SYNC monitor, but I did check the NVIDIA control panel, and everything is set to use the default settings.  Does anyone know why Firefox wouldn't be reporting the WebGL version though?  I feel like that could be indicative of the problem.
  • Options
    austin_wilkersonaustin_wilkerson Member Posts: 2
    @jstwinkles I'm having the same issue. Did you ever find a solution?

Additional help from my perspective. Maximized window renders white (i.e. correctly) on my 1080 p monitors that are in portrait.

The window renders black on my 1440 p monitor in landscape. And it renders black once I exceed some arbitrary left to right distance. Even minimized, if I stretch the window too far left and right, the window turns black.

• Options
    Sorry for the late reply, but no, I never found a solution.  I can confirm that mine has the same behavior where the black screen only appears after exceeding a certain x-width of the window.  The window height doesn't seem to affect it.