Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
- Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
- Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
- Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
- Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.
Thickness Analysis (New Custom Feature!)
With this custom feature, you can easily analyze the thickness of multiple faces. Special thanks to @Jacob_Corder for some performance tips.
This feature is sponsored by CADSharp.com. If your daily modeling is repetitive, consider automating your process with CADSharp to save time. CADSharp specializes in automation by utilizing custom features and API.
Set limits and report errors if they are exceeded:Tips:
- Relevant values are stored as variables in the Variable table on the right side of your screen.
- For large selections, uncheck "Analyze thickness" until you have created your selections.
Import functions to use with your own custom features:Use these functions in your own custom features by placing the following import at the top of you code.
- thicknessAnalysisPascoe() //Analyzes the thickness between two or more surfaces.
- faceGridPascoe() //Splits the selected face into a grid.
- colorGradientPascoe() //Returns a color based on a fractional input.
import(path : "55e98155dca4ba4e8049a18d/264916e1790d6b19b353dda6/c1fcec00ad4e3a44bd7f5a8c", version : "364ad9f0f694974f4028c05c");
How to add a custom feature to your toolbar:Click this link then follow the steps in the gif below: https://cad.onshape.com/documents/thicknessAnalysis
Learn more about the Gospel of Christ ( Here )
CADSharp - We make custom features and integrated Onshape apps! cadsharp.com/featurescripts 💎