Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Many instances of same entity in sketch, linked/synced/etc, or copy+paste with equal constraints?

Basically the same question as this old one from 2015 https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/279/copy-sketch-elements-within-sketch

I have a sketch where I need to place around 50 arrows, but I don't know the exact dimensions of them yet (and it may require some tweaking and multiple passes to get the fit I need).   They'll all be in different positions and have different orientations.  I want to be able to place them all, and then edit the original and have them all update, similar to how a linear/circular pattern does.  The only way I can find to accomplish this at all is to have every component of every arrow have an 'equal' constraint tied to the original, but that'd require me setting up 8 constraints x 50 arrows one by one.  I had assumed just making one copy with these equal constraints, and then copy-pasting that copy would work, but the copy-paste seems to lose any equal constraints that reference another entity, so that doesn't work

Best Answer

Answers