Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How do you rotate a sketch image easily?

billy2billy2 Member, OS Professional, Mentor, Developers, User Group Leader Posts: 2,014 PRO
edited January 2023 in FeatureScript
    skImage(sketch1, "image1", {
                "blobInfo" : definition.image,
                "firstCorner" : vector(definition.firstCornerX, definition.firstCornerY),
                "secondCorner" : vector(definition.secondCornerX, definition.secondCornerY)
            });

skSolve(sketch1);

// image doesn't rotate
    opTransform(context, id + "transform3", {
        "bodies" : qCreatedBy(id + "sketch1", EntityType.BODY),
        "transform" : rotationAround(Y_AXIS, definition.rotate)
    });<br>

opTransform rotates the image boundaries and I believe it's world based. I'm thinking a sketch based transform would be better but I can't find skTransform. It would nice to rotate image out of the sketch plane.

Comments

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,396
    Create the sketch using a mate connector (or in FS modify the sketch plane) and add the rotation before adding the image. It’s the only way. 
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    billy2billy2 Member, OS Professional, Mentor, Developers, User Group Leader Posts: 2,014 PRO
    That's what I was thinking. Thanks