Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How to deal with projects

shawn_crockershawn_crocker Member, OS Professional Posts: 802 PRO
What do you do with projects after the project is complete?  I am starting to explore different way we can make use of this feature that is new to us.  As the project get created and loaded into the root, I am foreseeing after a short duration, the enterprise root directory becoming very busy and hard to navigate.  Do people usually break the project after completion and load the documents into other folder locations?

Answers

• Options
    Hans_Leirvik_1Hans_Leirvik_1 Member Posts: 38 ✭✭
    Are you using Professional or Enterprise ?
  • Options
    @Hans_Ole_Leirvik
    Enterprise
  • Options
    Evan_ReeseEvan_Reese Member Posts: 2,064 PRO
    Oh man I've definitely asked for an "Archive" option for these. I don't yet have a good system (and I like good systems).
    Evan Reese / Principal and Industrial Designer with Ovyl
  • Options
    @Evan_Reese
    I want to vote for your ask for an archive option.  It feels like we are expected to absorb the docs into a folder structure archiving layout after the project is complete.
  • Options
    roman_jurt190roman_jurt190 Member Posts: 32 EDU
    This is especially true for EDU Enterprise... projects often run just for a week... and migrating all of them to folders is not ideal...