Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
- Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
- Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
- Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
- Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.
Trim previous sketch entities with FS?
I'm working on a feature that—among many other steps—copies and trims some existing sketch curves. I want the output to look and behave just like a normal sketch entity. I'd asked previously about whether we can do something like "use" to convert an existing entity into my sketch that the feature is making (was told no). I'm still trying to solve the same thing here but with a different approach. Now the method looks like:
- opPattern() to copy the input sketch curve in place
- opSplitPart() to cut it into 2 wire bodies since opSplitEdges() does split the edge, but keeps it as 1 wire body somehow.
- opDeleteBodies() what I don't want to keep
Evan Reese / Principal and Industrial Designer with Ovyl