Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How do make lamborghini?

Evan_ReeseEvan_Reese Member Posts: 2,064 PRO
What do I click to model a lamborghini? I already tried extrude and it didn't work. c'mon, it's 2023! This should work now. Other softwares can do...
Evan Reese / Principal and Industrial Designer with Ovyl

Best Answers

Answers

• Options
    dirk_van_der_vaartdirk_van_der_vaart Member Posts: 541 ✭✭✭
    Try ChatGPT :)
  • Options
    S1mon said:
    Can’t you start with a rectangular block and then keep cutting away anything that isn’t a Lamborghini?
    Wow, thanks! That should do it. I'll try this when I get home.
  • Options
    Just add the Lamborghini custom feature to your toolbar and specify its configuration (horsepower, towing capacity, number of steering wheels, the usual options).
    I'm planning to 3D print it to save money. This should be a big help.
  • Options
    S1monS1mon Member Posts: 2,359 PRO
    Apparently you can build them out of cardboard https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tmf_Gufnoo

• Options
    bryan_lagrangebryan_lagrange Member, User Group Leader Posts: 793 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If @Evan_Reese gets a Lamborghini feature script, I want my RB19 Formula 1 car script. :)
    Bryan Lagrange
    Twitter: @BryanLAGdesign

• Options
    S1mon said:
    Apparently you can build them out of cardboard https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tmf_Gufnoo

Proves that you're really just paying extra for the brand name.
  • Options
    Reasonable PRICE
    Bryan Lagrange

• Options
    @Evan_Reese seeing your Lamborghini feature script gives me hope for the creation of a “BRUTE FORCE” feature script.
    Bryan Lagrange

• Options
    Thanks everyone! That worked! I'm typing this from my new lambo
  • Options
    sebastian_glanznersebastian_glanzner Member, Developers Posts: 398 PRO
    I asked my buddy ChatGPT how to model a Lambo. This for all the beginners who are not ready to use the awesome FeatureScript from @Evan_Reese

Create a Lamborghini in Onshape: A Comically Easy Guide

So, you want to create a Lamborghini in Onshape? No problem! This guide is so simple, even a baby could follow it. In no time, you'll be creating the fanciest Lamborghinis like they're toy cars!

1. Google's your buddy: Find the most basic, pixelated image of a Lamborghini. Quality doesn't matter here; we're going for speed, not accuracy!

2. Craft a name: Create a new document in Onshape and give it an appropriately silly name, like "Lamboozled" or "Lamborginiest."

3. Sketching for dummies: Ignore all those fancy sketch tools. Just use the line tool to draw a big rectangle. Boom, you've got the body of your Lamborghini!

4. Extrude like a pro: Use the extrude tool to turn your rectangle into a 3D masterpiece. Who needs curves when you've got boxy edges?

5. Details, schmetails: Don't stress about the details. Just stick two circles on each side for wheels and a smaller rectangle for a windshield. Voilà, a beginner's Lamborghini!

6. Assembly? What assembly? You're already done, my friend. No need to worry about moving parts or complicated assemblies. This is a no-frills Lambo.

7. Paint it with pizzazz: Choose the most outrageous colors you can find. Neon green? Hot pink? Why not both? Your Lamborghini will be turning heads for sure!

8. Sharing is caring: Show off your magnificent, beginner-friendly Lamborghini to your friends and family. They'll be in awe of your incredible design skills!

And that's it! Who knew creating a Lamborghini in Onshape could be so easy? With this guide, even complete beginners can whip up a luxurious (or at least hilarious) Lambo in no time!

• Options
    Axel_KollmenterAxel_Kollmenter Member Posts: 410 PRO
    edited April 2023
    :D

Best regards,

Axel Kollmenter
  • Options
    @sebastian_glanzner I believe with a few tweaks to the ChatGPT guide you could have a Cybertruck. 😁
    Bryan Lagrange

• Options
    michael3424michael3424 Member Posts: 676 ✭✭✭✭
    @sebastian_glanzner I believe with a few tweaks to the ChatGPT guide you could have a Cybertruck. 😁
    Is ChatGPT smart enough to incorporate the typical Tesla fit and finish issues?
  • Options

Create a Tesla Cybertruck in Onshape: A Hilariously Easy Tutorial

So, you want to create a Tesla Cybertruck in Onshape, complete with those classic Tesla quirks? Look no further! This guide will show you how to whip up a comically easy Cybertruck that captures the essence of Tesla's unique charm!

1. Image hunt: Find a basic image of the Tesla Cybertruck. The more pixelated, the better. After all, we're going for that authentic Tesla look!

2. Name the game: Create a new document in Onshape and give it a fittingly amusing name, like "Cyberchuckle" or "Teslalol."

3. Sketch it simple: Forget about complicated curves; the Cybertruck is all about those sharp angles. Draw a big trapezoid for the body, and you've nailed the Cybertruck aesthetic.

4. Extrude like a champ: Use the extrude tool to transform your trapezoid into a 3D model. Who needs smooth surfaces when you've got the iconic, edgy Cybertruck look?

5. Details with a twist: Add wheels, but remember to make them slightly misaligned for that signature Tesla fit and finish. For the windows, draw some cracks to pay homage to the infamous Cybertruck window demo.

6. No assembly required: With the Cybertruck, there's no need for complex moving parts. This is a futuristic, minimalist design, after all. Keep it simple!

7. Finish with flair: Choose a stainless-steel appearance for the body, but make sure it has a few smudges and fingerprints for a realistic touch. And of course, don't forget the Tesla logo – slightly off-center, of course.

8. Share your masterpiece: Show off your hilarious, beginner-friendly Cybertruck to your friends and family. They'll be amazed by your impressive (and witty) design skills!

There you have it – a quick and comical guide to creating a Tesla Cybertruck in Onshape, complete with those lovable Tesla quirks. Who knew designing an electric vehicle could be so entertaining?

• Options
    wout_theelen541wout_theelen541 Member, csevp Posts: 198 PRO
    If you have access to a Lamborghini that should make things easier. If you just want the outer body you can scan that without too much work.
    If you want the parts that will take a bit more work but just take all the pieces off one by one and scan them as well.
  • Options
    The Onshape community is a family, we will get you that Lambo @Evan_Reese
    Bryan Lagrange

• Options
    The Onshape community is a family, we will get you that Lambo @Evan_Reese
    Thanks, but no need. I was able to model it with FeatureScript and print it at home in one day. Drove it to work today. A lot of people don't know about that hack.
  • Options
    Okay, I'm retiring my April 1st persona now hahaha.
  • Options
    steve_shubinsteve_shubin Member Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭✭

OK, but I want to add one more thing.

The way that you should approach doing a Lambo model is, by first doing a Vulcan mind meld with Lambo’s top designer. So that you can fully understand the various intricacies of intent behind all aspects of the car’s design.

Otherwise, I’d take a resto mod of a Shelby Cobra any day of the week. The most beautiful sports car I’ve seen. Not as stable at high speed. But doggone — do they look great

https://www.classicdriver.com/sites/default/files/cars_images/feed_308499/xmllarge_1554398394_d328945-edit_copy_1.jpg

• Options
    Mr. Spock: My mind to your mind, my thoughts to your thoughts.

Lamborghini Designer (LD): Yikes! My head feels like it's hosting a Starfleet Academy reunion! What gives, Mr. Spock?

Mr. Spock: I am utilizing a Vulcan mind meld to acquire knowledge on Lamborghini design intricacies. Proceed with explaining how to design a Lamborghini using Onshape.

LD: (chuckling) Well, Mr. Spock, Lamborghini design is like a secret sauce that's been passed down through generations of Italian grandmothers. But, since you've invaded my brain, let's get this party started.

Mr. Spock: Excellent. Do continue.

LD: First, we channel the spirit of a raging bull, preferably after it's had a double espresso. We sketch those fierce lines and curves that make people say, "Mamma mia, that's a Lamborghini!"

Mr. Spock: Fascinating. And how do you transfer this caffeinated bull energy into Onshape?

LD: Well, once we've got our high-octane concept, we jump into Onshape and start crafting a 3D model. We throw in some geometry, air intakes, wings, and a super-secret compartment for our stash of biscotti.

Mr. Spock: Intriguing. How do you ensure the perfect blend of speed and style?

LD: Ah, Mr. Spock, that's where our secret ingredient comes in: Italian intuition. It's like a sixth sense we're born with, right next to our love for pasta and gelato.

Mr. Spock: I see. Please elaborate on how this intuition is utilized within the CAD software.

LD: It's like playing a high-stakes game of "Pin the Tail on the Lamborghini." We fine-tune every curve and surface, guided by our gut feelings and a pinch of Mama's wisdom until the design screams, "Bellissimo!"

Mr. Spock: Illogical yet captivating. Your approach defies reason but produces remarkable outcomes.

LD: Thanks, Mr. Spock! Now, if you don't mind, I've got a top-secret, mind-blowing project to get back to. And, no offense, but I'd prefer it if my brain wasn't a timeshare.

Mr. Spock: (releasing the mind meld) Understood. Your intuition is a rare and invaluable quality. Live long and prosper, my friend.

LD: (grinning) Grazie, Mr. Spock! May you always boldly go where no Lamborghini has gone before!
  • Options
    steve_shubinsteve_shubin Member Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭✭
    @sebastian_glanzner

I think you missed your calling

Anybody that can come up with a hilarious scenario as fast as you assembled, should be script writing for a Mel Brooks movie

• Options
    @steve_shubin
    I'm using ChatGPT 4.0, but don't tell anyone  :smiley:

To use the 4.0 version you have to subrscribe to the ChatGPT Plus.