Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How to transfer select sketch entities to different plane?

msandeepmsandeep Member Posts: 10
I drew a bunch of entities on Top face, then extruded some them into Part 1. I extruded some of them into Part 2 (in opposite direction). I now want to extrude(remove) remaining entities from face of Part 2 extrusion. Is there an easy way to do this? I tried copy/paste the sketches I want to extrude-remove, but when I paste, they don't align perfectly.

Answers

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,377
    Just use the original sketch again, no need to copy.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    billy2billy2 Member, OS Professional, Mentor, Developers, User Group Leader Posts: 2,014 PRO
    edited May 2023
    I do this a lot. I have one sketch that'll create a several features. The sketch is a acting like a master reference for the following features. Besure to name the sketch ie... size or layout (what's the sketch is doing), and then add everything to a folder and name it (what the features are building). At the end of the day, all your thoughts will be organized and easy to follow for yourself and most importantly for the next guy who has to work on your model.

Many people use sketch & feature, sketch & feature, sketch & feature which gets really noisy and hard to follow. It's a drag to open a part studio and see a long list of features.