Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Grammarly extension within onshape

Alexandre_WamainAlexandre_Wamain Member, csevp Posts: 16 PRO
My question is related to using the Grammarly extension within onshape. Particularly within drawings double checking that I'm not misspelling anything. I can't figure out how to make it work, is it possible?

Answers

• Options
    eric_pestyeric_pesty Member Posts: 1,504 PRO
    Having spell check work in drawing notes would be a good starting point...
    I'm guessing that whatever Onshape is doing that prevents spellcheck from working is also going to prevent Grammarly from working.
    Does it work in other areas within Onshape where spellcheck does work? For example when editing feature names?
  • Options
    Alexandre_WamainAlexandre_Wamain Member, csevp Posts: 16 PRO
    Just gave it a try and doesn't seem to work when I attempt to rename a feature with a misspelling. That being said the built-in spell checker did underline the feature name as red.
  • Options
    Nath_McCNath_McC Member Posts: 114 PRO
    edited May 2023
    I vote for Grammarly intergration
  • Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,381
    It works on comments, properties, and release candidates, basically anywhere where there is a multiline text box (but not drawings).
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    eric_pestyeric_pesty Member Posts: 1,504 PRO
    NeilCooke said:
    It works on comments, properties, and release candidates, basically anywhere where there is a multiline text box (but not drawings).
    So basically everywhere except where it's most needed!
    Do you guys have a plan for addressing this?