Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How to make simetrical loft, using 2 guide lines/paths

marcin_dzionymarcin_dziony Member Posts: 4
Hello!
I need help with small problem, can't figure out how to do it.

I want something like that on pictures below (screenshot 2 and 3)
But if i chose one path, only one side works as desired (screenshot 1 and 4) but if i add second side as path/guide line it breaks and doesn't work at all :confused:

Is there any way to make it work? Or perhaps use diferent tools for it?

Answers

• Options
    wout_theelen541wout_theelen541 Member, csevp Posts: 198 PRO
    I don't get exactly what you are trying to do here. From what I understand from screenshots 2 and 3 it looks like there are 4 symetrical sides so model one side with a 90 degree revolve and then sweep remove the part that you don't want. After that use another circular pattern to make 3 more copies. Have you checked out the mdeoling lessons in the learning center? If you're still struggling would you mind sharing the document?
  • Options
    billy2billy2 Member, OS Professional, Mentor, Developers, User Group Leader Posts: 2,014 PRO
    I wouldn't loft all at the same time, as a "solid". I'd do them as individual surfaces and then enclose them.

It's easier to create organic shapes one surface at a time and then stitch them all together.