Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Multiple sketches on a drawing

hervé_piponhervé_pipon Member Posts: 60 ✭✭
Hello,
Is there a way to create a drawing, with multiple sketches, in a particular angle ?
I want to show the angle between differents lines on a drawing :

Comments

• Options
    John_vd_WerffJohn_vd_Werff Member Posts: 65 PRO
    I think the best way to accomplish this is the use of an assembly:
    Make the sketch in a part studio.
    Insert the sketch multiple times in an assembly studio.
    Position the sketches to your liking in 3D (you can use mate features with offsets for exact relative positioning)
    Create a drawing from the assembly.

Be aware that the shown dimensions on a drawing will be in 2D in the projected plane only.
    You wil need to create named views in the assembly to show correct angles in the drawing views.
  • Options
    @John_vd_Werff Thanks for the idea.
    Foremost I could not add my lines to an assembly as they are created in a FeatureScript and not on sketch.
    Si I created different planes and sketches to get the lines.
    Then I inserted the sketches in an assembly, but I got the message : "All instances have been hidden."
    And nothing appears, I don't know why

How can I 
    create named views in the assembly  ?

• Options
    @hervé_pipon 
    If you got the message "All instances have been hidden" after inserting a new view in a drawing you can right click on the empty view and select
    'Show/hide / Show sketches'.

Named views can be set in the puldown menu below the view-triad, first right click on a surface and select 'view normal to', than add a named view:

I made an assembly with something similar to your picture and added a drawing.
    I added some points to the circles that I used in the assembly to attach ball mates.
    Link to Onshape document

• Options
    @John_vd_Werff Ok it works for me . I didn't know we can add sketches in Assembly, and that we can create Named views in Part Studio and Assembly.
    The dimensions in the named view are wrong within drawing , but I can edit them so it's fine !
    Thanks a lot for taking time to explain me all that, I appreciate :)
  • Options
    @hervé_pipon 
    Glad I could help