Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Power Surfacing...Only for Windows?

Mitch_PricerMitch_Pricer OS Professional, Developers Posts: 27 PRO
I was very excited to see that Power Surfacing was put in the app store...but instantly bummed when I saw it is only on Windows. Will it be compatible with Mac in the future?

Comments

• Options
    philip_thomasphilip_thomas Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,381
    Mitch - please let Power Surfacing know so that they can keep a tally of how many people want this.
    Philip Thomas - Onshape
  • Options
    brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    Same for Simsolid. Thats why I like integrated apps, you can move seamlessly between machines. Rather than a mac version I want to see apps integrated.

I think the partners that have integrated app's will have more success than the desktop apps unless they are driving their customer base from other key features which aren't available elsewhere.
    Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977   
  • Options
    david_258david_258 Member, Developers Posts: 12
    Thanks for the feedback.  Currently, Power Surfacing only runs on Windows platforms.  In the future, we would like to make it an integrated app.  But we felt it was most important to make it available as soon as possible.  Making Power Surfacing an integrated app will take more time.
  • Options
    billy2billy2 Member, OS Professional, Mentor, Developers, User Group Leader Posts: 2,014 PRO
    edited December 2015
    The web is a wild frontier for programmers. A few months ago Facebook open sourced their new framework which re-writes the DOM. The most influential web breakthrough is node-js which is re-writing everything we do on the web. 

So, how do you develop a web app? The web is changing so fast it's hard to figure out how to jump on board.