Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Change to Part causes Revolutes to go RED and not to work

IMKIMK Member Posts: 13
edited July 2016 in Community Support
Hello,
I have design a simply crank arrangement as can been seen in image  Revolutes-OK.jpg
This functions as expected inasmuch as you turn the green crank knob and the yellow sliders moves up and down.
Problem is when i make a small change to the slider (Yellow) by adding a Fillet to the bearing post the Revolutes and the Slider item go RED and the crank not longer works. So is there some kind of model rebuild function like in Alibre F% i have mist or do it need to re do all the assemble Revolutes and Slider Mates.
Many thanks and a happy holiday IMK

Answers

• Options
    3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    Can you share your model in public and post a link here?
    I think you will lose the reference for mating with that fillet. You can see the error message by hovering red mates.

That could be fixed with creating a mate connector in part studio (before fillet) or mating again using different mate connector. 
    //rami
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    3D Cad,
    Many thanks for reply, popup message is.
    mate overdefines the assembly
    and have shared the document here:

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/0a4f675656724b05a8d12956/w/0d8ee9f3fe524dd5ba4d3625/e/4c025de451b84b6285ac0d4e
  • Options
    _Ðave__Ðave_ Member, Developers Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭
    See Gif below. If you use the bottom edges for the revolve mate then you can change the top fillet at will without affecting the assembly function. HTH

4.gif 3.7M
  • Options
    Hello,
    Many thanks for the help everyone, i guess i have a lot to learn about the subtleties of the mates and how best to use them.
    But was surprised to see how one failing mates caused the rest to fail.
    Anyway fixed now thanks again and have a good holiday.
    BTW how did you make the gif please?
  • Options
    _Ðave__Ðave_ Member, Developers Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭
    i use Licecap, it's very simple and easy.
  • Options
    3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    Thanks @_Dave_ for jumping in after my bedtime..

This forum is amazing, the group of people that are willing to help has grown all the time. The response time is magnificent with helpful people around the world with different time zones (and different usage hours).

Not to even mention those amazing gifs people produce just for pushing another user on right track.

All you people who take your precious time to help - be proud of yourself! 

I'm glad things wen't like I thought they would in April 2015:
    https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/comment/3520/#Comment_3520
    //rami