Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

In sketches, how can I change the colour of my under-defined lines ?

john_smith077john_smith077 Member Posts: 175 ✭✭✭

Hello

In my sketches, I am having trouble visually distinguishing between under-defined lines (blue) and full-defined lines (black). How can I change the colour of my under-defined stuff?

Thanks

J

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    edited January 2016
    Thank you.

But that is ridiculous. It's just not all that easy to distinguish between that fairly dark blue and actual black. Edges aren't too bad but vertices can be very  difficult.  I am still evaluating onshape so voting for things may (or may not!) come later.

EDIT: Btw, exactly how would I go about voting for this request?
  • Options
    peter_hallpeter_hall Member Posts: 196 ✭✭✭
    I do not find this to be a problem at all. Onshape time will be better served in continuing to bring advancements to design ability. So far they continue to bring improvements out every 3-4 weeks although I for one am waiting on the biggies (sheet metal , fabrication , and surfacing).
  • Options
    Peter, yes you may well be right about priorities. Whole lines that are blue are reasonably visible. To explain - I found myself with a black line with what turned out to blue blobs on the ends but it was very hard to see the blue colour. Maybe it doesn't matter in practice, I am only just learning all this...  :^/
  • Options
    jeffrey_braggjeffrey_bragg Member Posts: 21 ✭✭
    I would like to see the color selection of defined and undefined lines turned on an off just as if I am looking at layers.  Default would be blue, black, and red,  An Icon pallet would show up on the drawing indicating a custom pallet is selected.  The same would go for line style... Custom line types turned on or off. 
  • Options
    Jake_RosenfeldJake_Rosenfeld Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,646
    Hi @john_smith077 ,

Thanks for the feedback!  Some other users were having similar troubles and had a discussion about chrome plugins that can change our site to be of higher contrast:
    https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/comment/32391

Our improvement requests are located on this forum in the section marked "Improvement Requests".  If you go to that section and click "New Idea", you can type in your idea and similar ideas that have already been submitted will pop up.  You can either vote on one of these similar issues or if none of these describe your issue well enough, submit your own request.

Jake Rosenfeld - Modeling Team
  • Options
    robert_brown153robert_brown153 Member Posts: 6
    Another reason for selecting colors... you could select a color palette that is easier on the eyes, that is why programming editor software gives you a wide range of color palettes, so after spending hours looking at the screen, your eyes aren't bleeding... I use a black background with grey text myself.

In addition, some people have varying colorblindness and may have a hard time "seeing" the difference between blue and black.

"Color vision deficiency (sometimes called color blindness) represents a group of conditions that affect the perception of color. Red-green color vision defects are the most common form of color vision deficiency. Affected individuals have trouble distinguishing between some shades of red, yellow, and green. Blue-yellow color vision defects (also called tritan defects), which are rarer, cause problems with differentiating shades of blue and green and cause difficulty distinguishing dark blue from black. These two forms of color vision deficiency disrupt color perception but do not affect the sharpness of vision (visual acuity)."