Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Flex surface - Back sticker for Qi Wireless Charger Receiver

tyeth_gundrytyeth_gundry Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
edited May 11 in Using Onshape
I've got this project, and I can't work out how to do two elements.
One is to make the flexible cable actually be flexible in later design usage.
The second is to wrap the back sticker (thickened surface) over the internal PCB and Coil solids, with the sticker edges still meeting the front sticker edges.

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/905ddf16ef0b5fccfbac9e98/w/ee5b03fed3b2407d76437f48/e/a785a54974e41a4f73f933fc?renderMode=0&uiState=663f6162acd2df0055bab23f

Comments

• tyeth_gundrytyeth_gundry Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
    Done some basic surface lofting, by splitting my front sticker into chunks matching the changes in curvature/depth, but still looking for a simpler workflow.

Also still trying to understand how to make an element of the design flexible (I understand linear mates etc or at least loosely)