Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Is there a way to get a Decal into a Assembly? I have imported png file into part studio ok

Doug_G_ParkinsonDoug_G_Parkinson OS Professional Posts: 1 PRO
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    Create sketch where you wan't the image and in that sketch:

Image will be a bit hazy and will disappear if you hide the sketch but it should be better than nothing.

+1 for making sketch image optionally work as decal
    //rami
  • Options
    sandy_beckersandy_becker Member Posts: 5
    I like the idea of creating the label as a 3-D part and then creating the label drawling from the 3-D parted. When I was using SolidWorks that is what I used to do. Because my label manufacturer created their own artwork from my drawing and did not use my artwork. Just something to think about.
  • Options
    brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    Another way of doing this is using a single part, sketching all the detail in on the front face, then performing a split face. This is my preferred method in SW's however in Onshape the ability to change the colour of individual face's (edit Face Appearance) is not available yet, so you can't get the contrast of different colours. That's why I chose the assy method mentioned above.

Vote for this improvement
    https://onshape.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/204545508-Coloring-faces
    Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977   
  • Options
    suresh_paulsuresh_paul Member Posts: 2 PRO
    edited July 2023
    Why is this not a feature?