Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Slow performance from UK

john_hourihanejohn_hourihane Member Posts: 4
Hello Onshape,

While trying to convert from Solidworks/AutoCAD I am finding it very hard to learn as the interface take a long time to update, especially in drawings.

Using speedtest.net I see a 12ms ping, and have 50mbps of bandwidth.

When using the console (Ctrl+D) I see a 50-250ms ping and a full detail framerate of 58.1fps.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated,

Many thanks,

John

Comments

• Options
    john_rousseaujohn_rousseau Member, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 360
    Hi John. Using the "Feeback" tool (under the "?" icon) from in the product can you please open a support ticket and explain exactly what you are seeing as being slow so we can take a look? Thanks and sorry for the hassle.
    John Rousseau / VP, Technical Operations / Onshape Inc.
  • Options
    Hi John,

Thanks for responding!

I could only see a "usersnap" tool that allows me to send a screen capture, nothing that said support ticket.

If I am missing something please can you let me know? As I don't think a screen capture of a moment in time will be useful for demonstrating how slow the interface updates.

Also of note, there is a tour option for usersnap which gets placed of screen because of the default position of the usersnap toolbar.  The only way to see the tour is by dragging the usersnap tools to the left, which of course is neither obvious or intuitive.

Please let me know if you need me to provide more data, my hope was that OnShape would be aware of speed issues and have a path to resolve them. 

I impressed with OnShape so far - if I could just get past a few minor issues then I'm sure my experience would improve greatly.

Many thanks for any guidance,

John
  • Options
    Hi John. The text that you provide in that usersnap box will be used to open a support ticket. Thanks for the feedback on the toolbar position. I'll have @lougallo take a look.

As far as our awareness of speed issues, we have a lot of metrics about performance. We constantly monitor service-wide performance, latency and bandwidth to your client and general geometry performance. We have a harder time seeing performance issues in your client (browser or mobile device). If you could tell me what drawings operations are slow for you, we can look into the cause. We are aware of some drawings performance issues and are working on fixes now.

By opening a support ticket through the Feedback tool you can (optionally) share your document with our support organization so we can see the performance issues for ourselves. We can determine if the performance problems you are seeing are something known to us or new.

Thanks!
    -John
  • Options
    Thanks John,

The interface is very slow to update in the part studio, and even worse in the drawing when making very simple changes.

How can I share the document with your support team please?

Many thanks again for your assistance,

Cheers

John
  • Options
    When you hit the Feedback tool, there is an option to "Share this document with Onshape support". Click that.

• Options
    zoltan_szabozoltan_szabo OS Professional Posts: 13 PRO
    Hello Gents,
    Is there any solution for John's problem with very slow drawing modul?

My drawings are also terrible slow, in some minutes it's freeze some seconds after continues again, but too many freeze happen within completing a drawing..
    If you need I can also share my drawings, but my feeling is that it's a general performance issue.
    I'm located in Hungary for your information.

Thank you for your efforts in advance.
    Zoltan
  • Options
    PeteYodisPeteYodis Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 519
    @zoltan_szabo,

Could you also submit your performance issue using the feedback tool in the product.  We would like to take a look for you.
  • Options
    peter_hallpeter_hall Member Posts: 196 ✭✭✭
    @PeteYodis Please explain how to do this, for 15 mins this morning I have been unable to get connected, there is an issue currently on reliabilty of being connected.
  • Options
    The problem has been resolved. We very much appreciate your patience and apologize for the lost productivity. I've created a post at: 

https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/3408/performance-problems-8-march-2016 .

Please let us know if you are continuing to see problems.

• Options
    PeteYodisPeteYodis Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 519