Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Changing presentation in a drawing

hansrudolfhansrudolf Member Posts: 45 ✭✭
edited July 2016 in Community Support
Maybe this title is a bit cryptic, so I will try to give a better description.
I've drawn a part which has a 'bottom' and a 'top', say like a house with basement and roof. In my drawing this part is always standing on its head, so to speak. I suspected I started the drawing on the wrong plane, but a test with an unsymmetrical part drawn in all 3 planes did not show this problem.
Is there a way to flip this view 180 deg so it is shown in the logical orientation?  Not a very important problem I know, but it would make my drawing simpler to understand.
I want to add that in the part and the assembly the part is shown in the correct orientation (except I rotate it deliberately, naturally).

Regards, Hansrudolf

Answers

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,391
    Hi Hansrudolf - this is not possible YET (hint, hint) so you have two possible workarounds. Either add a move feature as the last feature in your part to rotate it around 180 degrees or create an assembly of it and detail the assembly instead. 
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    viruviru Member, Developers Posts: 619 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    @hansrudolf , Drawing views without parent/child associations can now be rotated in Onshape. Kindly refer improvement to Onshape - March 7th,2016 thread and below video link.