Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

changing forum user name?

JonathanJonathan Member Posts: 17 ✭✭
Hi,

My forum username is my full name "Jonathan Nathan". This is problematic when people are trying to tag me.. its too long and requires quotes. Is there a way to modify my username to something shorter?

Thanks,

Jonathan.

Comments

• Options
    Research_01Research_01 OS Professional, Mentor, Developers Posts: 301 PRO
    It is long but when you use the @ symbol and start typing your name by the time you get to 'jon' your name shows up in a drop down and is easily selected. I would not be too concerned with this.
  • Options
    lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    There is currently an issue we are trying to solve since we implemented Single Sign On (SSO).  Currently if you authenticate with SSO (or come into the forums from onshape using the ? menu, it will use your Nickname from Onshape in the forums.  The best way to change it is to change your Nickname in Onshape as direct login to the Forums will not be allowed once we fix the redirection issue once you authenticate with Onshape.  (The issue is the forum does not allow spaces but Onshape does and sets it that way.  That is why currently the @ replies are not working for those that have spaces.  I would go into your Manage account and put an underscore "_" between your first and last name for the time being.)
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • Options
    JonathanJonathan Member Posts: 17 ✭✭
    OK, I just changed my nickname in OS to 'Jonathan'.
    I hope it will be shown that way in the forum...

Thank you,

Jonathan.
  • Options
    lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    @Jonathan Nathan Just log out and then relogin with the Login with Onshape button...
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.