Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Is there a way to send multiple screen shots for feedback?

knuckledraggerknuckledragger OS Professional Posts: 9
I had an issue that would have been more clearly explained with a before and after screen shot was curious if there was a way to do that.   Not sure if we could create multiple screen captures or hit a short record button to demonstrate the issue more clearly.

Best Answer

• lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    Answer ✓
    @Knuckledragger You can.  Once you do the first screenshot, you can use your own captures and attach them to the email you receive on the first one.  I have looked at having a video record feature, which is supported but I have turned it off due to it requiring a plugin to work.  It is not cross platform and makes the support experience different for each user.  So far with well over 1000 tickets, the markup in addition to the description is more than enough in most cases.  We will be making it very easy to share the document with support in the next week or so and that is the ultimate understanding of the issues.
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.

Answers

• john_rousseaujohn_rousseau Member, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 353
    Hi @Knuckledragger. In the "?" menu on the upper-right of the screen you can select "Feedback". That will put you in a mode where you can send a message and take a screen capture at the same time. Let me or @LouGallo know if you have any problems reporting your issue.

-John
    John Rousseau / VP, Technical Operations / Onshape Inc.
  • lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    Answer ✓
    @Knuckledragger You can.  Once you do the first screenshot, you can use your own captures and attach them to the email you receive on the first one.  I have looked at having a video record feature, which is supported but I have turned it off due to it requiring a plugin to work.  It is not cross platform and makes the support experience different for each user.  So far with well over 1000 tickets, the markup in addition to the description is more than enough in most cases.  We will be making it very easy to share the document with support in the next week or so and that is the ultimate understanding of the issues.
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.