Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape, CAD, maker project and design.First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
- Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
- Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
- Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
- Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.
Improvements to Onshape - January 27th, 2015
lougallo Member, Administrator, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,478
edited January 2015 in New in Onshape
We recently updated Onshape with a number of refinements and some shiny new improvements. In this update we have streamlined assembly mating, improved manipulator tools and added features for collaboration, security and common workflows. Let us know what you think in the comments!
- Snap mating and an origin have been added to Assemblies as well as keyboard shortcuts for mate flip alignment (a) and axis rotation (q).
In addition to the origin in Assemblies, you can now use the manipulator to move selections to the origin, rotate 90/180 degrees about any axis or align/anti-align to Z on any manipulator direction.
- Plane resizing handles (even on default planes)
- Transform manipulator
- Follow mode, collaborative viewing (double click on a user icon to see what they are doing. Editing rights required). Below are two users (left/right) taking turns following each other.
- Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) - Two-factor authentication adds another layer of security to your account. With two-factor authentication your phone provides a security code that you must provide to OnShape in addition to your password in order to sign in. Even if someone obtains your password they cannot sign in unless they also have access to your phone. Learn more about two-factor authentication at Onshape help.
- Export to SolidWorks (Translation) of Part Studios
- Share with Onshape support link
Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.