Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

View Tools invisible(??)

It's pretty frustrating trying to control the view without the "view tools" symbol showing. The help page says it should be next to the view cube. Is it me? Do I have to turn it on? Has it moved? Help!image

Comments

• traveler_hauptmantraveler_hauptman Member, OS Professional, Mentor, Developers Posts: 419 PRO
    Use the feedback button in the help menu to send a report to support... It looks like your icon has disappeared. 
  • lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    @Murray What browser are you on?  If you submit this with feedback we will know more about your environment.  
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • murray_1murray_1 Member Posts: 19
    edited February 2015
    I'm using Chrome and W8.1/64. I've turned Adblocker off, signed out and in again. No improvement. I submitted feedback, although I incorrectly specified W7/64 - I don't know if the feedback process captures system info? I got confused because I use Start8 to force a W7 interface and get rid of that damned Tileworld. However, it's now expired and is back to W8.1 but that doesn't seem to help with the OS problem.
  • billy2billy2 Member, OS Professional, Mentor, Developers, User Group Leader Posts: 2,014 PRO
    edited February 2015
    I'm running 64 bit version of chrome. Maybe that might help you.

https://www.google.com/chrome/browser/beta.html

• lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    It appears that there are some issues with a library in Chrome 40 and Windows with certain cards.  We are working on reproducing this so we can submit bugs back to Chromium and see if we can work around it for the time being.  If you notice that the view button is missing or some of your sketch geometry is not rendering properly, send in a ticket (using the ? menu and select Feedback) so we can get a better sample size of configurations.  ~Lou
    A current patch of the driver for this card (older than current) seemed to fix the issue.  We will keep an eye on this to see what else could be causing this.  Had another issue come is with similar results.