Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape, CAD, maker project and design.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:

1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

export

walter_randolphwalter_randolph Member Posts: 11
I can't seem to find any way to export a file on the mobile platform ( android), either to print a document or to download to a file so it can be used to generate g code for cnc etc. Perhaps this isn't supported yet or maybe I'm looking in the wrong place.

Best Answer

Answers

• da_prop_makerda_prop_maker Member Posts: 4
    so if I understand this correctly, an part I design in OnShape, can't be exported as an .STL or anything like that?
  • james_dalessandro195james_dalessandro195 Member, Onshape Employees Posts: 7
    @da_prop_maker - You're only unable to export from the mobile application of Onshape. You can export in various formats including .STL from web browser.
  • InPrintInPrint Member Posts: 2
    Would also like to be able to do this.

• ofir_tiroshofir_tirosh Member Posts: 2
    It's possible with a mobile web browser app (use the 'request desktop site' option)
  • AuroraRonAuroraRon Member Posts: 15 PRO
    Exporting is very much a needed feature in my opinion also.  It is very limited now but, since most use an IOS device when away from the computer, being able to export something to someone is very much necessary.  It is a basic function of most apps on IOS devices. It is not on Onshape.  
    I was hoping to use the 'request desktop site' option but it is not possible.   

• InPrintInPrint Member Posts: 2
    edited November 3
    this is fixed now,  onshape should have written it here as well. I got it as reply to one support ticket and checked it.
  • michael_176michael_176 Member Posts: 2 PRO
    It is still not fixed in the iOS app. Although the help doc shows that it should be available! 
    Please OnShape add this very needed feature.
    Btw. Using version 1.71.8642 from nov. 10th 2017InPrint schrieb:
    this is fixed now,  onshape should have written it here as well. I got it as reply to one support ticket and checked it.