Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

View only link on iPhone has issues?

OpenR2OpenR2 OS Professional Posts: 188 ✭✭✭
Has anyone else seen this on the iPhone?

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/31cb79530e830254b7c4661a

I was really excited to share this with the replica prop forum but it doesn look like its working?

Comments

• Options
    rbaekrbaek Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 77
    OpenR2 said:
    Has anyone else seen this on the iPhone?

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/31cb79530e830254b7c4661a

I was really excited to share this with the replica prop forum but it doesn look like its working?

Do you have the Onshape app installed on your device? It appears that you're trying to view Onshape on a native mobile browser, which isn't fully supported.
  • Options
    I do have the app installed but when I go into email and click on the link I would send to other people it launches the browser ... not the app.
  • Options
    lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    edited April 2016
    @OpenR2 We are working on creating an "Open in" action for mobile for any links.  We do not support viewing in mobile browsers...   CORRECTION - This does work if you are using Safari. You should see this:

NOTE: This will require Safari and Javascript to be ON:

** Settings -> Safari -> Advanced -> Javascript.. Turn this on! **
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • Options
    There is in my mind a huge problem with shared links in this version of Onshape.

I cut and paste a view only link into an email, social media, or a website.
    I click the link.
    The link is by default started in Microsoft Edge on Windows 10.
    No message about the browser being unsupported.
    The first tab is a PDF containing the terms of use ... which just spins.
    So after a few seconds I just click on a part studio tab without reading the terms of use.
    This is VERY bad.

• Options
    When I test an email containing a shared link on an iPhone ... I don't get launched into the Onshape app.
    Instead the link is launched into the safari browser.
    I was really excited with the idea of view only sharing but its not working out so well for us in practice.

Are other people seeing this behavior?

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/2fdf544ca7208918cf880dd5/w/321f5a8bcf442ce8576904d7/e/5603afc0d86616b2fedec135

1t get the link launched into the 

• Options
    brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    I had the same experience with the sharable link. The model just dons't seem to render on safari, at time I was expecting the app to open and was surprised I got anything from the safari browser. 
    Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977   
  • Options
    lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    @OpenR2 There is an underlying issue when you first click on a link that does an Open in prompt.  On iOS if you ever dismiss this, it is not able to come back.  This has been logged as a bug with Apple and there is not solution yet.  We are hoping to get more information at this year's dev conference.
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • Options
    mahirmahir Member, Developers Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any updates on this front? I use Outlook and Chrome on iOS, and workspace links still don't work. Improvement request?