Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

bug reports go where? cursor image driving me nuts

CaptainBisquickCaptainBisquick OS Professional Posts: 33 ✭✭
First of all, is there not a place where I can file a bug report? This isn't feedback, this is a bug report, and it's not document specific.

The mouse cursor during sketch mode is always stuck as a 4-way arrow image. I don't know if this is intended or not, but it's driving me insane. Can you please make it stop?

Comments

• Options
    Narayan_KNarayan_K Member Posts: 379 ✭✭✭
    @ CaptainBisquick , Yes, I agree with you.Previously 4-way arrow shows only when some commands are active.but now it appears even if we come out from all command.so there is a confusion like some commands are active and makes us to continuously press escape button.
  • Options
    _Ðave__Ðave_ Member, Developers Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭
    Appears to work fine for me.
  • Options
    lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    We call it feedback since it can contain a bug, improvement or just feedback in general. You don't have to use the ? Menu from in a document. You can do it from the documents page as well. You can also go to View support tickets from your user menu in the upper right and submit a ticket there. 

As as far as the 4 way cursor, I have not seen that. What OS and browser so you see that in?
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • Options
    I have two images here.one is from older video i have and one is from present Onshape version.Here you can see the difference.Hope this Image helps to understand better.

• Options
    It looks like some times it works fine.Now it works fine me also.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    @ lougallo,I m using google chrome Version 50.0.2661.87 m

• Options
    robert_morrisrobert_morris OS Professional, Developers Posts: 166 PRO
    I've seen the 4-way arrow cursor here as well. It only happens occasionally and seems to eventually go away.
    It looks like a cross with an arrow at the tip of each line. If it happens again, I'll try and get a screenshot.

I've been using Chrome 49.0.2623.112 m running on Win7, but Chrome just updated, so we'll see if it still happens.
  • Options
    3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    edited April 2016
    Only cursor problems I have seen have been with sketch pattern tool but couldn't reproduce with current version + chrome(book)

For me cursor changes between crosshair / arrow according to tool selected or not works as it should.

I suppose shift+refresh is not bad idea to test for this problem too..
    //rami