Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Sweep help (Rubber Band modeling)

chris_krasnichukchris_krasnichuk Member Posts: 2
So I'm trying to model a tubular rubber band in Onshape by using the sweep command. But it's resulting in something really funky and I'm not sure how to solve the issue. The band is going around some spindles of different size. In the picture I've attached I think the problem and what I'm trying to achieve are fairly clear.

Anybody have some solutions to this behaviour?

Comments

• robert_morrisrobert_morris OS Professional, Developers Posts: 166 PRO
    This is caused because your profile is placed in the middle of the curve. You need to have the profile at the start of a curve for the sweep to work correctly.

To fix it, create the profile like this:
    1. Create a new plane using the "Curve Point" option then click one of the curve segments in your sketch and its endpoint.
    2. Draw your profile sketch on the new plane.
    3. Create the sweep.

• chris_krasnichukchris_krasnichuk Member Posts: 2
    Perfect, works! thank you so much :)