Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

What drawing standards support do you need first?

jon_mcintyrejon_mcintyre Onshape Employees Posts: 56
edited July 2016 in Drawings
Please tell us your priorities for standards support in Onshape drawings.

While we are still improving our support for ANSI and ISO drawing standards, we are also looking to support what's unique to ISO variants such as JIS, DIN, GB, GOST, BSI, AS 1100, etc.

While they're mostly the same, differences do exist, such as in the appearance or behavior of BOM Balloons, ordinate dimensions, detail view borders, section lines, relative text sizes and more.  Some differences are more essential than others, and that's where we need your feedback. 

Please let us know which of your standard's unique ways of doing things are most important to you, so that we can properly prioritize them. 

Comments

• bui_quoc_phongbui_quoc_phong Member Posts: 1
    JIS please
  • Jake_RosenfeldJake_Rosenfeld Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,646
    Hi @bui_quoc_phong

Nowadays we do all our Improvement Request tracking through the 'Improvement Requests' section of this forum.  If you would like to see this implemented, please go to that section using the navigation in the side bar and submit an improvement request for JIS support in drawings.
    Jake Rosenfeld - Modeling Team
  • MBartlett21MBartlett21 Member, OS Professional, Developers Posts: 2,034 EDU
    ISO third-angle projection
    mb - draftsman - also FS author: View FeatureScripts
    IR for AS/NZS 1100
  • brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    ISO third-angle projection
    This easily obtained with by either selecting when creating drawings or making your own templates with this setting 
    Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977   
  • MBartlett21MBartlett21 Member, OS Professional, Developers Posts: 2,034 EDU
    @brucebartlett

If I do that, then save it as a drawing template, the decimal separator always turns into a comma and I have to go into the drawing properties for every drawing I make
    mb - draftsman - also FS author: View FeatureScripts
    IR for AS/NZS 1100
  • brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    You shouldn't have to, Mine works ok

Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977