Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Import DXF fill issue

shai_perednikshai_perednik Member Posts: 56 ✭✭
I'm trying to import a DFX of a logo that I saved out of inkscape as a DXF.  I then want to remove this shape from the part under it.  However, as you see in the image below, the dxf imports as the outside paths only, therefore, its only the outline that I can extrude/remove.  This is not what I want as I want the fill to be used for the extrude/remove.  

Am I importing the DXF wrong, or do I need to do something else here?  Thank you!
coin.PNG 193.8K

Best Answer

Answers

• jackson_kingjackson_king OS Professional Posts: 80 PRO
    is your DXF import a closed loop?  Have you tried making the DXF into a solid and then a boolean to subtract it from the knob?  OS should recognize the imported DXF as an extrudable region if it is closed?
  • shai_perednikshai_perednik Member Posts: 56 ✭✭
    is your DXF import a closed loop?  Have you tried making the DXF into a solid and then a boolean to subtract it from the knob?  OS should recognize the imported DXF as an extrudable region if it is closed?
    I don't think it's a closed loop, and that's probably the issue.  I'll try the coincident suggestion.  How would I make the DXF into a solid in the first place if it's open?