Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Western Europe outage - 16 August 2016

john_rousseaujohn_rousseau Member, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 358
Onshape was unable to open documents for about 90 minutes this morning in the Western Europe region. The problem has been resolved. We are making code, process and monitoring changes to prevent this in the future and detect it more rapidly if it occurs again. 

http://status.onshape.com is where incident updates will be posted.

We sincerely apologize for the disruption and the loss of your productivity.
John Rousseau / VP, Technical Operations / Onshape Inc.

Comments

• Options
    mlml Member Posts: 53 PRO
    ok, thanks

i have checked my browser history: i tried it at 7:59 AM CET and later at 11:0? AM CET without success.
    so the conclusion of about 90 minutes could not be correct, short of there were several events which you sum up in duration (and i ever hit them exactly when they occured...).

i write this not to for being clever or to accuse, i write it to point active to it, for helping if you missed something in your analysis. 
    happy to see your efforts for a strengthen service 

best, ml
  • Options
    3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    I would say it was several hours - for me it was half a day roughly from 7-8am to 11am 

When problem occurred I wen't to status.onshape but there all systems where operative..
    //rami
  • Options
    Hi @3dcad and @ml. You are correct. The EU outage was longer than 90 minutes. My apologies for underestimating the length of the outage.
  • Options
    owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 2,660 PRO
    I'd imagine OS are way ahead of me but it'd be nice if on loading a troubled document / webpage:-
    (1) There was a "Sorry we're experiencing difficulties" splash screen.
    (2) There was a tick box on the splash screen along the lines of "Send me an email when it's fixed so I don't keep looking every 5 minutes".
    Just thinking out loud.  Owen S.
    Business Systems and Configuration Controller
    HWM-Water Ltd
  • Options
    3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    +1
    //rami
  • Options
    @lougallo - Can you please open improvements for the 2 suggestions above? Thanks.