Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Touch support for Onshape? SW 2014 is beating you guys here...

nhfoleynhfoley Member Posts: 1
edited November 2016 in Product Feedback
What is the timeline for putting touch based view manipulation controls into Onshape? I have a Surface and an XPS 15, both with touchscreens, and virtually every other CAD program I use can Pan, Zoom, and Rotate by touch input.

With a pen enabled, the ideal input is as below:

Single finger touch & drag: Rotate around first touched point
Two finger touch & drag: Pan
Pinch: Zoom

Right now, it isn't very usable without a mouse, which seems antiquated.

Comments

• Options
    lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    @nhfoley I am very familiar with that and have been a Google Pixel user since the first launch.  We have this logged to bring our mobile behavior to the web.  I will add you to the improvement.
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • Options
    lampmakerlampmaker Member Posts: 2
    Any updates on a timeline for implementing touch support on the web version? Would like to use my Surface Pro for this.  The trackpad is not ideal for cad work.